We begin most building projects with a feasibility study, where the main goal is to establish the best design solutions for the project. We do this so that you feel completely confident that your requirements are fully understood and will be met by the design.
At the start of a feasibility study, we will visit you in the comfort of your home. One goal of this consultation is to establish whether your aims are achievable without planning permission, by using your home's permitted development rights. In addition to advising you on this, our designers may need to consult with local authorities to ascertain the feasibility and likelihood of approval of your proposed building works.
Other Key Steps in Our Feasibility Study Service
- A detailed discussion of the requirements of your project.
- An assessment of the site, taking into consideration landscape, orientation and any number of site-specific factors.
- An exploration of the design options, in sketch format, in terms of form, layout and site location.
What We Consider at Every Stage of a Feasibility Study
- Area (sqm)
- Utilities (water, electric, telecoms ect. )
- Complexity of construction
- Construction time (estimated)
- Construction cost (estimated)
- Statutory consents